If you’ve got long hair, like I do, you’ve probably tried to do it in a bun before. They are a quick and easy way to keep your hair out of your face. However, even with very long hair, your bun will still seem kind of small, compared to the big puffy buns you often see on runways.
But no worries, because you can get one of those big buns in no time as well! And all you need is an old sock you don’t need anymore. An old what? Yes, a sock. Watch and learn ladies.
(Photo tutorial by BeLovelyNow)
(Video by Wendy’s Lookbook, be sure to subscribe, she’s got lots of other really cool tutorials and DIYs!)
You’ve probably seen many a video on Youtube where self-proclaimed girls tell you all their tips and tricks for make-up, hair and fashion. Browse the Internet for five minutes and you’ll find hundreds of these. There are so many that you can’t see the wood for trees, which is why I’ll give you a brief list of my favourites (and why I like them).
1. DiamondsAndHeels14: Cassandra is one of my biggest inspirations because she’s gorgeous, yet she still looks and behaves normal. She has a lot of skin impurities (which she shows in this video, she earned my eternal respect with this one) but covers them up so well that you can barely notice anything. She gives tips on make-up, skin problems, things like ‘how to whiten your teeth naturally’ and so on.
2. Lisaeldridgedotcom: Lisa Eldridge is a professional make up artist. She makes very professional videos, using quite expensive but decent products. One of her best videos (in my honest opinion) would be the ‘Holly Golightly’-look (Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast At Tiffany’s (1961)). Another reason to subscribe to her is her lovely accent!
3. MichellePhan: Obviously I can’t make a Youtube beauty gurus list without including Michelle Phan. She has these amazingly easy beauty tricks (ice cucumber pads, anyone?) and stunning how-to make up videos, such as this one inspired by Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) in Latin America. Love it! She has a second, more personal Youtube channel as well.
4. Dope2111: Tamang Phan is more than a make up artist, she can completely transform in any celebrity you can imagine! She’s very good in face shaping, you have to see it to believe it. Here’s an incredible Adriana Lima and Bellatrix Lestrange because I looove Harry Potter.
5. JLovesMac1: Last but not least I present you Jarmaine. She has really quick and easy tutorials on make up for girls with glasses and contouring your face. She’s not afraid of pulling weird faces and acting crazy, which makes the videos double as much fun to watch.