As you may or may not have already noticed by reading my blog title, I’m a big fan of studs. I like the tough attitude that comes with studded items. You can imagine my excitement now studs are all hot and happening right now!
To get you guys some lovely studded inspiration (not only jackets can be accessorized with these metal pieces, you know), I decided to dedicate a photopost to the wonder of studs!
(All pictures are from Tumblr)
First of all I would like to apologize for not posting for about -thinks- two weeks. I’ve been extremely busy writing a research paper for school and of course exams are coming up, so I’ll probably be quite busy in the near future as well.
Anyway, I’ll try to keep you guys entertained with frequent posts. This particular one will explain yet another nail art DIY (is it a bit too much lately? I just love nail art) that is very easy and quick!
All you need is:
- Base/top coat nail polish
- A white or light grey nail polish
- A wet sponge
- Fake tattoos!
Do you remember as a kid, when you would stick fake tattoos on your arms, and pretend to people they were real? I did for sure. I guess my fascination with tattoos started very young. Nowadays, you can still find classy and of very good quality fake tattoos for your body, but have you ever thought about decorating your nails with them?
It works exactly the same as when you stick them to your skin.
First, apply a clear base coat to protect your nails. Follow with one or more layers of a light nail polish, white or grey look best. Let this dry thoroughly. Take your fake tattoo and a pair of scissors, and cut out pieces that fit your nails. You can choose to make all your nails have a similar look, or vary, it’s up to you! Then, take your fake tattoo pieces and remove the transparant piece of plastic that’s protecting the tattoo itself. Put them on the desired place on your nail and take a wet sponge to soak the tattoo. After about 30 seconds, you can remove the piece of paper and the tattoo itself should stick to your nails. Carefully dry your nails and apply a clear top coat. All done!
(Design by cutepolish)
The life of an actor perhaps isn’t always perfect, but obviously it has its charms. Acting itself is one of those great things, especially when there’s a humorous vibe on the set. Obviously every actor messes up a (few) lines from time to time, and the good part is that those bloopers are usually right in front of the camera, so you can enjoy them too!
I hereby present you a list of bloopers from my favourite soaps: Gossip Girl, Friends and The Vampire Diaries. I promise you, they’re hilarious!
Gossip Girl bloopers: Blair/Leighton and Dan/Penn really seem like really funny people on set, and I practically melted when they were mocking Chuck/Ed with his (oh so sexy) British accent!
Friends bloopers: Chandler/Matthew appears to be just as funny and ironic in real life as on set., while Phoebe/Lisa’s real laugh sounds so different than her character’s! Be sure to watch Joey/Matt stumble over a crew member hiding behind a couch.
The Vampire Diaries bloopers: Averagely not as funny as the other two, but the part where Elena/Nina acts flirty but stumbles over her gown is hilarious!
The lovely ladies from Bare Bones nominated me for this Sunshine Award, for which I would really like to thank them! I can’t even imagine someone liking my blog enough to nominate me, so I was very surprised and honoured. Gosh, I’m even blushing! So again, a big thank you to Bare Bones.
Sunshine Award rules:
- Include the award’s logo in a post on your blog.
- Answer 1o questions about yourself.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers.
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
Questions and Answers:
- My favourite color: At the moment all sorts of pastel colours, such as mint green, coral pink, salmon.
- My favourite animal: My favourite pet would be a cat. I have a cat and he’s the most adorable little creature. Favourite animals in general, I’d have to go with owls.
- My favourite number: Two. Because I want to believe that people aren’t meant to be by themselves, everything is just so much more fun with someone else.
- My favourite drink: Baileys!
- Facebook or Twitter: Can I answer with Tumblr? No? Ok. I’ll go with Facebook then, I’m a huge addict.
- My passion: Extravagant looks. Rather grungy. I love when people have the guts to wear whatever they want to, and don’t mind the odd looks from other people.
- Prefer giving or getting presents: I always feel kind of awkward when opening a present and the giver is watching me, but of course I love getting presents. On the other hand, I also love having the perfect gift for someone.
- My favorite pattern: I’ve got a gazillion items with a flower pattern, so I’ll go with flowers.
- My favorite day of the week: Saturday. I usually do nothing all day, and go out in the evening.
- My favorite flower: Kind of an obvious one, a Jasmine, like my name (Jasmijn -my name- is the Dutch translation).
I’d like to nominate:
- Into mind– I like her style, and she has a lot of really cool DIYs and tutorials.
- Fashion En Vie – A 19-year-old girl from Antwerp (fashion capital, anyone?) with a great sense of fashion.
- Glasmetwater – An interesting blog written in Dutch about fashion, beauty, celebrities, and so much more.
- Curve Commandments – A curvy blog which makes curvier women feel beautiful, a great concept.
- Runway DIY – The place to be if you’re in a creative mood, her DIYs are amazing.
- The Beauty Hunter – This girl describes her blog as ‘Discover beauty and let beauty discover you.‘ She writes about beauty, fashion, food, just about anything really.
- Polish You Pretty – If you’re running out of inspiration for your nails, this is the place to go for nail art.
- Honestly WTF – One of my favourite DIY blogs of all time.
- Fashion Chalet – Erika Marie has a great sense of style and she occasionally does an amazing giveaway.
- Fotografille – Another blog written in Dutch, with very useful photography tutorials and tips.
Last but not least, again a big thanks to Bare Bones, who nominated me for this Sunshine award!