The weather is getting warmer, and what does that mean? Strawberry season! (And a lot of other things as well obviously, but those don’t matter for this post). Yes, juicy, thick, bright red strawberries. I wouldn’t know a better way to describe their taste than ‘summerish‘. Love it!
So that’s why I’m bringing you this beauty post today, because strawberries have a lot of other great qualities other than their great taste.
1. Whiten your teeth: Strawberries are a great way to naturally whiten your teeth. Mix a bit of baking soda with a strawberry and brush your teeth with the mixture. Do this only once a week (the baking soda can damage your teeth if used too often) and you’ll notice results soon! If you would like to do this more often, brush your teeth with a strawberry daily and add the baking soda once a week. I’m currently trying this out myself, and I’ll be sure to keep you guys updated with my personal results.
2. Face mask: Mix a few (2 or 3) strawberries with a bit of plain yoghurt (for oily skin) or cream (for normal or sensitive skin) and add a spoon of honey. Apply this mixture to your face, but leave the sensitive skin around the eyes open. You might be tempted to eat the mixture, but give it a try on your skin! The mask will leave your face glowing and refreshed.
3. No more puffy eyes: Just like cucumber slices, strawberry slices reduce the swelling beneath your eyes. Take a little 10-minute-break with two slices on your eyes and moisturize afterwards with a light eye cream.
4. Quickest facial scrub everrrrrr: One of the great ingredients in strawberries is alpha-hydroxy acid, which helps you get rid of dead skin cells. All you need to do is cut a big strawberry in half, rub it all over your face and let it sit there for few minutes before rinsing. Instant smoother, softer skin!
5. Foot scrub: Now summer is approaching, your lovely feet will probably spend more time in the sunlight as well. To make them summer proof, you can try this little body scrub recipe: mix 8 strawberries with two tablespoons of olive oil and a teaspoon of sea salt. Massage this mixture onto your feet, rinse and apply a foot lotion.