I discovered a list of DIY blogs, and obviously I’m currently following almost every single one of them. I might make a post with my favourite DIY blogs soon so you can see for yourself, but today I’m going to present you this gorgeous DIY that I found on Love Maegan (if you haven’t heard from her yet, check her out, she’s amazing).
If you’ve got a nude/brown/boring pair of gladiator sandals or other shoes and you don’t mind a little bit of neon, you could try this!
Ok, so, first of all, this is what you’ll need:
- Shoes in a natural/nude/brown colour, preferably (gladiator) sandals or heels
- Nailpolishes in any colours you like, and a white polish as a base coat (you can also use acrylic paint)
- Nail polish remover and a fine brush
- Painter’s tape
- Optional: a hair dryer to fasten the drying process
How to do it:
- Tape off all the areas around the parts you’re going to paint, to prevent messing.
- Use rubbing alcohol on a cotton swab to clean the surface.
- Cover the desired areas with a layer of white nail polish. Let this primer dry for a night.
- Begin painting with your neon colours! Be sure to start with the lighter colours, that’ll make it easier for you to correct any mistakes afterwards. Let dry overnight.
- Apply a second coat of your neon nail polish. Paint on the opposite direction of your first layer, to get a more even colour. Again, let this dry overnight.
- If you want to, you can finish off with a top coat for extra shine and protection.
- Remove the tape and correct any mistakes with a cotton swab drenched in nail polish remover.
- Enjoy your new shoes and strut that stuff like you own it (because, well you know, you do own it)!
Again, a big thanks to LoveMaegan for this DIY!